MailChimp LiveHelpNow Live Chat Integration
LiveHelpNow help desk software collects a lot of information about your customers. The integration with MailChimp will allow for easy transfer of chatter information into your MailChimp account for additional marketing, upsell and cross sell flow.
Please complete the following easy steps to integrate your LiveHelpNow live chat system with MailChimp’s list subscription service.
- Login to your MailChimp account, click on your name on the top right of the screen and then click “Account” in the dropdown.
- From this screen, click the “Extras” option and then click on “API keys”
3. Scroll down to the “Your API Keys” section
- Click “Create A Key”
- Name your new key by clicking in the label field. Note: this step is not necessary, but is helpful for quick reference if you have multiple API keys in your MailChimp account.
- Copy your new API key from the API Key field.
4. Select the “Lists” option from the header at the top of the page
5. Click the name of the list in which you would like new subscribers to be added. From this screen, click “Settings” and then “List Name and Defaults.”
From this screen, copy the List ID from the right side of the screen.
Please note: If you have multiple lists for multiple campaigns, we recommend creating a new list specifically for LiveHelpNow additions. Once a user is added, you may choose to email these new users with a campaign for Opt-Ins to additional to additional campaign lists, as needed. MailChimp also allows their users to combine lists, if desired.
6. Login to your LiveHelpNow account and go to Admin Panel->My Account->Integrations->Eventing API
- Click on “Add Event”
- Select “ChatOpened” event
- Select “JSON” for Event Type
- Select “POST” for Event Verb
- No entries are needed for the HTTP Basic Authentication or Headers fields.
7. Enter the following into the payload field:
– Replace the YOUR-API-KEY-FROM-MAILCHIMP text in the payload with the API key you generated in MailChimp.
– Replace the YOUR-LIST-ID text in the payload with the list ID you copied from MailChimp.
Please Note: The $$$Email$$$ label in the Payload syntax above assumes you are collecting user email addresses in the second input in the Pre-Chat Requested Information in LiveHelpNow. These settings are located at Admin Panel->Chat System->Customization->Pre-chat requirements
In order to ensure email generation to your MailChimp list from all LiveHelpNow chat users, it is highly recommended you define the email address as required. This is done by selecting “yes” from the dropdown in the Required column for the email field in the Pre-Chat Requested Information settings.
- In the URL field, enter the following address:
- Replace XXXX with the characters after the hyphen at the end of your API key
- Example: https://us10.api.mailchimp.com/2.0/lists/subscribe.json
- Make sure the box next to Enabled is checked, and click Add Event to save.
Your saved event should look like this:
- You’re all done! The rest is up to the chat user. When a chat user starts a new chat, they will be sent an email from MailChimp to confirm their subscription to your list.
Once the user clicks the button to subscribe, they will show up on your list in MailChimp shortly thereafter. Please note that new email addresses will not show in your list unless they confirm their subscription via the email generated by MailChimp.
See more LiveHelpNow live chat system integrations
Do you like our posts? You might also like our product.
Give Live Help Now a go free for 30 days.