LiveHelpNow HubSpot Integration
LiveHelpNow help desk software collects a lot of information about your customers. The integration with HubSpot will allow for easy transfer of live chatter information into your HubSpot account for additional marketing, business analytics, upsell and cross sell flow.
- Login to your HubSpot account, click arrow to the left of your name on the top right of the screen and then click “Integrations” in the dropdown.
- From the Resources menu on the left of the page, click the “Get your HubSpot API Key” link. (1), click on “API” in the next tab (2) and then copy the API key from this screen (3).
- On the API Key Screen, click the link to View/Create a Key. If you have already created a key, the link will display “View Key.” If you have not yet generated a key, the link will read “Create Key.
- Copy the API Key displayed on the page.
5. Login to your LiveHelpNow account and go to Admin Panel->My Account->Integrations->Eventing API
- Click on “Add Event”
- Select “ChatOpened” event
- Select “JSON” for Event Type
- Select “POST” for Event Verb
- No entries are needed for the HTTP Basic Authentication or Headers fields.
- Enter the following into the payload field:
Please Note: The $$$FirstName$$$ and $$$LastName$$$ labels in the Payload syntax above assume you are collecting the chat user’s Name in the Pre-Chat Requested Information in LiveHelpNow mapped to “FullName” CRM Field.
The $$$Email$$$ label in the Payload syntax above assumes you are collecting the chat user’s email address in the Pre-Chat Requested Information in LiveHelpNow mapped to “Email” CRM Field.
These settings are located at Admin Panel->Chat System->Customization->Pre-chat requirements
In order to ensure data is pushed to HubSpot from all LiveHelpNow chat users, it is highly recommended you define the name and email address as required. This is done by selecting “yes” from the dropdown in the Required column for the email field in the Pre-Chat Requested Information settings.
- In the URL field, enter the following address:
Replace XXX with the API Key you copied from the HubSpot API page in Step #4.
- Make sure the box next to Enabled is checked, and click Add Event to save.
Your saved event should look like this:
- You’re all done! As your chat users start new chat sessions, you should now see the info provided from their Pre-Chat Questions in your HubSpot Contacts!
See more LiveHelpNow live chat system integrations
Do you like our posts? You might also like our product.
Give Live Help Now a go free for 30 days.