LiveHelpNow Live Chat Capsule CRM Integration
LiveHelpNow help desk software collects a lot of information about your customers. The integration with Capsule CRM will allow for easy transfer of live chatter information into your Capsule CRM account for additional marketing, business analytics, upsell and cross sell flow.
1. Login to your Capsule CRM account, click on your name on the top right of the screen and then click “My Preferences” in the dropdown.
2. With the “API Authentication Token” option selected (1), copy the API Token from this screen (2).
3. Login to your LiveHelpNow account and go to Admin Panel->My Account->Integrations->Eventing API
A. Click on “Add Event”
B. Select “ChatOpened” event
C. Select “JSON” for Event Type
D. Select “POST” for Event Verb
4. In the HTTP Basic Authentication User name field, enter the API Token you copied from your Capsule CRM account in Step #2. In the password field, type “x” in the space provided. No values are required in the Headers fields.
Note: There is no password required, however, Capsule CRM recommends not leaving the field blank and populating it with an “x” to meet this requirement.
5. Enter the following into the payload field:
Please Note: The $$$FirstName$$$ and $$$LastName$$$ labels in the Payload syntax above assume you are collecting the chat user’s Name in the Pre-Chat Requested Information in LiveHelpNow mapped to “FullName” CRM Field.
The $$$Email$$$ label in the Payload syntax above assumes you are collecting the chat user’s email address in the Pre-Chat Requested Information in LiveHelpNow mapped to “Email” CRM Field.
These settings are located at Admin Panel->Chat System->Customization->Pre-chat requirements
In order to ensure data is pushed to Capsule CRM from all LiveHelpNow chat users, it is highly recommended you define the name and email address as required. This is done by selecting “yes” from the dropdown in the Required column for the email field in the Pre-Chat Requested Information settings.
6. In the URL field, enter the following address:
Replace XXX with your custom Capsule CRM URL.
If you do not already know your custom Capsule CRM URL, you can locate it by clicking on the Gear Icon on the top right of the screen when logged into Capsule CRM:
Your Custom URL is located on the Account page under the “Web Address of your account”
7. Add an email address to the Event Failed Notification(s)” field
8. Make sure the box next to Enabled is checked, and click Add Event to save.
Your saved event should look like this:
9. You’re all done! As your chat users start new chat sessions, you should now see the info provided from their Pre-Chat Questions in your Capsule CRM People & Organizations page!
See more LiveHelpNow live chat system integrations
Do you like our posts? You might also like our product.
Give Live Help Now a go free for 30 days.