Are Your Spelling Mistakes Costing You Customers?
They say you only get one shot at a first impression. In the world of customer service, that first impression often comes in the form of text, and where there’s text- there’s massive spelling errors. Lucky for LiveHelpNow customers, we’ve got you covered to ensure that you don’t end up soiling your own reputation and becoming an internet laughingstock.
Did You Know:
- LiveHelpNow is the only chat software with the ability to force operators to spellcheck responses in chats/emails. Any messages with improper grammar/glaring spelling mistakes won’t be allowed to go through. This feature can be enabled in the admin panel->chat system->system setup->system settings.
- Marketplace estimates that about 20% of customers will use online chat this holiday season, if not more. Some large companies, such as Nordstrom, have their customer service representatives chatting with 150,000 customers a day.
- Blatant spelling errors on your website and in your customer communications can cut online sales by up to 50%. That’s right- when you’re not spellchecking, you’re letting up to half of your sales disappear.
- On average, it’s estimated that you have six seconds to grab a customer’s attention. That means that in those first few seconds of engaging a customer, everything you say needs to be 100% correct.
Still don’t think spellchecking is that important? Here are some horror stories to sway you to always always ALWAYS check for spelling and grammatical errors- especially before publishing something in giant bold letters.
1. Jack & Kill Childcare? Sounds scary.
2. That ‘G’ really would have made all the difference.
3. It’s a lot easier to sell calendars when you spell ‘calendar’ correctly.
4. Thank goodness they’re availabe!
5. Do they not have spellcheck in Milwaukee?
6. I kwon you could have proofread this.
7. How did nobody catch this?
8. Luckily, most cumputers have spellcheck now.
Remember- you only get one first impression; so make it count, with LiveHelpNow.
Do you like our posts? You might also like our product.
Give Live Help Now a go free for 30 days.